YOU WANT TO APPLY TO PANGEA? FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE IN 3 STEPS
First call for applications is open from November 22nd to February 29th, midnight (Brussels time).
By applying to the PANGEA Master Programme during this first call, you automatically apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Scholarship.
Candidates from all over the world can apply to the PANGEA Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree.
Both scholarship and self-funded applicants have to submit their application through the same online application form (selecting ‘apply now’ in the ‘how to apply’ section).
I) Check your eligibility
Applicant to PANGEA must meet the requirements below:
- Academic requirements: Candidates must be awarded a first higher education degree (e.g., Bachelor, Licence) or a recognised equivalent level of learning in the field of Earth Sciences, Natural Sciences, or secondarily Life Sciences. Alternatively, students in their last year of first higher education degree can produce an official certificate of registration produced by a Higher Education Institute (however, candidates must be awarded by the time of enrolment in Pangea Programme)
- Mastering of English Language. All courses of the programme are taught in English. All applicants, who are not native-speakers, must attest a B2 English level or equivalent. This can be done in a number of ways, including through an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS, or through previous upper secondary (high school) or university studies (e.g. a letter attesting English is the medium of instruction of your higher education; a diploma in English Language).The minimum test scores are:
- IELTS an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
- TOEFL: Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575.Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge: CAE, CPE
- TOEIC: 785
2) Apply Online
You fill all the eligibility criteria and wants to apply to PANGEA? Thanks for your interest! Please check the following remarks before completing the Online Application:
- The application form must be filled out in English.
- All provided documents, including the Curriculum Vitae, must be written in English or translated into English. In such case, provide both original documents and an English translation approved by the university that delivered the original document or by an official translator.
- Before starting your application, make sure you have all the required documents you will have to upload to the online application platform (in appropriate format, and complying with the maximum size allowed). Please see our “Pangea Application checklist”.
- The application and its preparation takes time. Do not wait until the last moment to apply online (and by doing so avoid the possibility of a saturated application platform stopping at the last minute)!
- Referees often take time to write their recommendation letters so we strongly recommend you to contact them well in advance. You will have to provide details of 2 referees who agreed to provide you with reference letters. Note that they will be invited by e-mail to upload their recommendation letter online before the application deadline.
- Online application is divided into different steps. Each step can be saved only once it has been fully completed and validated. Even if validated, all application steps can be modified prior to final submission of the application (final step).
- By submitting the first step of online application form (personal information), you definitely validate your personal information. An account will be created for you to be able to resume this application later. Your account details will be sent to you by email to the address you provided (check your spam box if necessary!). Please, keep your details (username and password) as you will need them to resume your application before final submission.
- Fully completed application must be submitted online before the deadline of the related call.
- Incomplete application will not be considered by the consortium (see ‘selection procedure’)
- Only one application will be considered per candidates. If more applications are submitted online, only the last one will be considered, even if incomplete.
- After submission of your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail (check your spam box if necessary!).
3) Documents you will have to upload to complete your online application
- Digital copy of your diploma(s) / degree(s) certificate(s) (add an English translation if applicable) or enrolled certificate from your university (for last year students)
- Digital copy of transcript of records for your whole degree (stating in details all courses taken and grades obtained as well as a general grading scale and average necessary grade ). Add an English translation if applicable).
- A letter from your university attesting your ranking in the class (if that information does not appear on your transcript of records). Add English translation if applicable.
- Digital copy of official language certificate attesting B2 level in English skills or equivalent.
- Curriculum Vitae in English. Please, note that it is compulsory to use the provided template.
- Digital copy of your passport (or valid ID document)
- Proof of current and exact place of residence (Certificate of Residence )
- Declaration of honour (download template)
- Other document relevant for the application (e.g., certificate of employment or internships)
The purpose of the certificate of residence is to prove your current place of residence, i.e your current postal address. Therefore, your name and your own address need to appear on the document as well as the date of issuance of the document.
That is why we need a either one of the document described below:
• Residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules.
• Certificate from the candidate’s current place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
The document must have been issued by an official institution within 12 months before the application deadline.
We will not accept a “work certificate” from the company you are working in. We want to have your current personal postal address and not your working address. We will not accept your birth certificate either, your passport or even your driving licence.
Use of Personal Data Provided in Online Applications
Information relating to individuals is collected and used in accordance with the Regulation (EC) No 45-2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18.12.2000 of the Protection of Individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (OJ L8 of 12.1.2001, p 1).
Please consult the relevant EACEA Privacy Statement document available on the following website: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/sites/eacea-site/files/privacy_statement_emt.pdf
If you want to exercise your rights, such as the right of access and rectification of data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org