FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - MASTER PANGEA
Yes – you have the right to appeal against a decision rejecting your application for a scholarship. The appeal procedure consists in writing to the Pangea Executive Board within 7 days of receiving notification of your rejection letter. The Pangea coordinator will prepare the response which will be submitted to the Executive Board for approval. Before sending the response to the enquirer, the Coordinator might consult with the relevant EACEA staff. You will be notified in writing of the outcome of your appeal within 14 days after your appeal submission.
Yes you can, students in their last year of BSc study or equivalent can also apply before the application deadline. They need to show proof of their studies with a duly signed and stamped statement that declares they are currently in their last year. They need to include the transcript of records showing all courses completed and all uncompleted courses for which they are enrolled. The statement should mention in which month they are expecting to obtain the diploma.Please note that if you are selected for the PANGEA Master, you will have to prove that you have obtained your bachelor degree before enrolling.
This document may be different depending on the country you come from. In some countries, it is automatically notified on the diploma or transcript of records. If this is the case for you, you do not have to provide another document.
Here are some examples found in different documents:
- First or second class honours (upper division).
- The student was ranked 5th out of 73 students in his/her class.
- The student has the second best CGPA among all graduate students in his or her programme.
If it is not mentioned in your documents, please ask your university if they can provide you with such a letter. If this is not possible at all, do not upload any documents in this section.
- To whom should my recommendation letters be addressed? Reference letters can be addressed to the “PANGEA Academic Board”.
- Is there any specific format to respect? No, there isn’t.
Be sure that your referees did upload their recommendation letters, otherwise your application will not be considered as complete and valid.
The purpose of this document is to prove your current place of residence so your current postal address. Which means your address needs to appear on the document as well as the date of issuance of the document and your name. The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of :
- a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules, or;
- a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline.
Be careful we won’t accept “work certificate” from the company you are working in. We want to have your current personal postal address and not your working address. We won’t accept your birth certificate either.
As residence certificate you can provide a utility bill for example or a letter written by your employer/university attesting your postal address. The document must fulfill the requirements written above (name, postal address, date). If you don’t have such a document you can ask your town office to provide you a certificate/letter of residence with all information written above.
You can apply without an official English test (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge…) ONLY in these two scenarios:
- if your mother tongue is English OR,
- if you can provide a letter from your university stating your medium of instruction is English.